About The Family Center
The idea for The Family Center began in 2003 as part of The Community Foundation’s 10-year anniversary. The board of trustees and staff had a vision to improve the way social services were delivered in Hancock County.
Many local agencies were struggling with an increased demand for services, reduced funding, and inadequate facilities, which hindered them in effectively providing services to individuals and families. CHOPIN Hall had a leaky roof, the Dental Center had no parking, Metropolitan Housing was not handicapped accessible, etc.
It was clear that a multi-tenant nonprofit facility would greatly aid local agencies and residents of Hancock County. The Hancock Properties Foundation, Inc., a supporting organization of the Community Foundation purchased the old Food Town grocery store building in May 2005. Renovations began in September 2005, agencies moved in late April 2006 and the facility officially opened on May 1, 2006.
Continuing Financial Support
Continued financial support is needed to pay for and maintain the facility. With your help, The Family Center will continue providing a vital service through a facility that is well-maintained, secure and affordable to tenant agencies, allowing for our community to be served with care, compassion and excellence. To make a gift to support The Family Center, do so online here or contact The Community Foundation at (419) 425-1100.