Please note that business hours may vary by agency and are subject to change. Please check the agency websites or contact the individual offices to verify office hours.
Alzheimer’s Association Northwest Ohio Chapter
(419) 425-5409, 24-hour Helpline (1-800-272-3900)
- Family and professional education program
- Support groups
- 24-hour Helpline (1-800-272-3900)
- Individualized care consultations
- Adult Day Center (in Toledo)
- In-home respite financial assistance
- Safe Return program and resource centers
- Rental evictions
- Housing for homeless
- Utility disconnections
- Prescriptions Prescription discount cards
- HATS tickets
- Assessment and referrals to other services for clients as needed
Cancer Patient Services
- Financial assistance including mileage reimbursements for patients to and from chemotherapy, radiation and bone marrow procedures.
- Physical assistance providing patients with medical equipment and supplies they need to get them through their diagnosis and treatment.
- Cancer Survivor and Kids Helping Kids support groups.
- Library with both educational and emotional support literature.
- Financial Literacy Folder to assist patients in acquiring the financial resources they need.
Caughman Health Center
A subsidiary of Blanchard Valley Health System
- Family Practice
- All visits by appointment only.
- Fees are based on ability to pay.
- Most insurance and Medicaid accepted.
- Provides a three-day supply of food.
- Provides clothing, kitchen and household items, and personal care items.
- Organizes monthly mobile food pantries.
Christian Clearing House
- Provides financial assistance on an individually evaluated basis.
- Emergency assistance for food, rent, utilities, prescriptions, and other medical needs.
- Occasionally provides gasoline, work clothing, car repair, bus tickets, personal IDs, and other miscellaneous needs.
- Works with other agencies to determine the best help available for a family.
- Financial literacy mentoring for individuals or families.
- Counselors are available for Ohio Benefit Bank and the Neighbor to Neighbor electric bill payment program.
Dental Center of Northwest Ohio
- Fluoride treatments
- Root canal therapy
- Full and partial dentures
Hancock Metropolitan Housing Authority
- Assist very low income, disabled and elderly persons with HUD (Federal) housing choice vouchers monthly housing subsidy.
- Assist very low income, disabled and elderly persons through temporary (18 month) tenant-based rental assistance via community development block grant funds (state funding).
- Security deposit grant program used in conjunction with above programs and subject to certain jurisdictions.
- Accessible housing for persons with physical disabilities.
- HMHA maintains the waiting list for ten accessible units in Findlay.
HHWP Community Action Commission
Hope House for the Homeless
- Transitional shelter for women and children
- Independence Program
- Housing Office:
- SSI Ohio Project:
- Bridges Out Of Poverty Initiative
Legal Aid of Western Ohio
(419) 425-5745, 888-534-1432
Representation for the following areas:
- Family law
- Elder programs
- Housing programs
- Consumer law
- SSI/public benefits
- Migrant farmworkers
WIC (Women, Infants, Children)
- Provide highly nutritious foods and infant formula
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Referrals for prenatal and pediatric health care
- Referrals for human service programs
- Referrals for support services necessary for full-term pregnancies